COULD YOU SET UP A STANDING ORDER TO YOUR PARISH?
Offertory contributions are a very important part of our parish income and very much appreciated, however it would be most helpful if you could consider giving by standing order. These contributions can either be gift aided or non gift aided. If you decide to give by Standing order then there is no need to put anything on the collection plate. You and God know your planned giving and that is what matters. Currently around 50% of parishioners here at St Mary’s use this means of supporting our Parish.
Advantages of Using Standing Orders:
- Giving by standing order is enormously helpful to the church, the finance committee and you.
- It makes administration much easier by not having to open, count and record envelopes and keep them for 6 years.
- It is more secure than taking cash to the bank.
- It helps the finance committee to judge the cash flow situation making the job easier and minimises bank charges.
- You can also gift aid and give by standing order which means no more last minute searching for change to put in the envelopes.
- If you gift aid via standing order it will ensure your Church will receive a tax refund on your contributions.
How do I increase my Standing Order?
Simply contact you bank and ask them to increase the amount. You do not need to tell anyone at the church.
Can I cancel the Order if circumstances change?
Simply contact you bank and ask them to cancel the Standing Order.
Do I have to be a gift aider to set up a standing order?
Standing order contributions can either be gift aided or non gift aided. Gift Aid gives the Church an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.
To enrol, please download the forms, then complete and return as appropriate.
The standing order form should be sent to your bank, alternatively if you have online banking you can use the sort code and account number to set up your standing order.
The Gift Aid declaration form should be sent to the treasurer for processing.