Why Pay By Standing Order?
If you decide to give by Standing order then there is no need to put anything on the collection plate. You and God know your planned giving and that is what matters. Currently 52% of parishioners here at St Mary’s use this means of supporting our Parish.
Advantages of Using Standing Orders
- Giving by standing order is enormously helpful to the church, the finance committee and you.
- It make administration much easier by not having to open, count and record envelopes and keep them for 6 years.
- It is more secure than taking cash to the bank.
- It helps the finance committee to judge the cash flow situation making the job easier and minimises bank charges.
- Standing orders mean no more last minute desperate searches for cash to put in the envelopes.
- Standing orders mean that if you forget the envelope, but still put money on the plate, the Church is entitled to the Gift Aid refund from the government.
How do I increase my Standing Order?
Simply contact you bank and ask them to increase the amount. You do not need to tell anyone at the church.
Can I cancel the Order if circumstance change?
Simply contact you bank and ask them to cancel the Standing Order.
Gift Aid gives you an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.
Gift Aid is an income tax relief designed to benefit charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC). If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charity donations by 25% because the charity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you.
To enrol, please download the form below and send into the Parish Office